Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Another week AND Go Lisa!!

Today my personal trainer is competing in a show.  Yesterday I told her that I didn't need to wish her luck because luck is where preparation meets opportunity.  She has "prepared" and today is her "opportunity".  I wish I could have attended the competition but it's in another state but more importantly her parents have come in from out of town and her husband and children are with her.  How exciting it must be for her to have those who love her and support her in something she really enjoys!  I look forward to when I do my first show and while I have a couple of friends that I would like to attend, I know Lisa will be there -- she is my best support system for this journey.

This past week has been really good.  I have been eating mindfully and working out hard.  Lisa had an opening on Thursday so I took that spot and it felt good working out an extra day.

Two interesting things happen to my body this week.  On Wednesday morning, I tried on two pairs of dress black pants and they were very snug in the legs and a little bit snug in the waist.  I suspected that I'm gaining muscle and wrote to Lisa.  She agreed that is probably correct.  The very next day I woke up feeling "lighter" and I decided to get on the scale and much to my surprise I lost a pound!  YAY!  That's a weird thought, tight pants but less on the scale.  Go figure! LOL

My boss found an interesting article yesterday about working out and I felt it explains while I am starting to succeed on this journey compared to what I have done in the past.

Here is the link:  Hop off the treadmill, pick up a dumbbell for faster results



4 comments: