Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The "mind" is a funny thing

I haven't been on the scale in awhile and I decided to weigh myself today.  I had in my head what I weighed before so when I got on the scale I was happy with what I saw.  I thought to myself -- I KNEW I was lighter - woohoo!!   I was doing the happy dance lol.  

I logged on to My Fitness Pal to log in my weight and whoaaa the number I had in my head wasn't what I thought.  I am up .4.

Initially I felt my mood drop and suddenly I didn't feel light anymore.  Fortunately, I snapped myself out of it quickly and said "Hey, we're talking about Thanksgiving week and I'm up not even a 1/2 lb --  give yourself a break....you did well!"   

It's amazing how the mind works and how we sometimes determine our worth/happiness based on the scale.  While I do want the scale to go down, I am just as light now as I was before I got on the scale this morning.  That number does not change me and how good I feel about myself.

5 comments: