Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Voices In My Head!

In the past when I used to exercise if something was intense and I felt the aches afterwards the voices in my head would rational that I might be hurting myself and that I should quit and often I did.  I recognize now those voices were playing against me.  It's true that one can hurt themselves but I am strong and I have a great trainer that is making sure I am doing my workout safely.

This past week my program was stepped up.  I am lifting more weighs and I am so focus with each session I spend with Lisa that I give it my all -- and my body definitely felt it!

Wednesday morning we did legs.  I have strong legs but after my session I was aching in my left buttock area and thigh. I think it was those wonderful lunges lol.  I'm sure I am using muscles that have not been worked that hard before and I was moving slowly throughout the day when I got up and down (ouch ouch).  By Thursday afternoon I was back to normal. Yay!

Friday, we did back and triceps.   Ohhhhh...my back was seriously feeling it.  I'm going to have a beautiful back when all this is done :).

Lisa is always telling me if something hurts while we are working out we will stop it and I am honest and tell her.  I'm not going to be a die hard and hurt myself.  She is being very careful to make sure I don't hurt myself and she wants to know if something continues to hurt after our session.  She has my best interest at heart and I truly appreciate that.

Rather than being attuned to those voices in my head that try to convince me to quit, I am attuned to my body on how it really feels.  I understand there are going to be aches here and there as I continue on this journey but when I feel them I am good to myself (sea salt baths/heating pad, etc.) and will watch them but I'm not listening to those negative voices.  I remind myself "This too shall past.......and it does." ;)  The journey continues and I'm loving it!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, you are so awesome! Keep it up and you're going to have a great first season. :)

    ReplyDelete